Acne is an inflammatory disease of hair follicle and the oil secreting glands (sebaceous glands). It is characterized by white heads, black heads and pustules. Scarring is common and sometimes an oily discharge is found from acne.
Causes of Acne
The causes of acne are not fully understood. The probable causes are:
1.Hormonal imbalance esp.during teen age,
6. Some allopathic drugs.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Everyday wash your face frequently, at least 5 times.
- Take care so that your face can not be too dry.
- During washing do not scrub your face.
- Scrubbing on inflamed skin aggravates the acne.
- Do not use chemical preparations on your face.
- Use gentle, natural or herbal cleanser.
- Use anti bacterial mild soap if possible and avoid scented soap.
- Do not use cosmetic regularly.
- Use non-greasy light make-up.
- Do not sleep with your make-up on.
- Do not overexpose your skin to the sun.
- Try to put on a hat while going out.
- To avoid secondary infection do not break your pimples.
- You can use steam on your face to reduce infection and inflammation but never more than 15 minutes and not more than once a fortnight.
- Diet should be rich natural whole foods like whole grain cereals, fresh fruit, salads, raw or lightly cooked vegetables.
- Avoid fatty foods, chocolates, ice cream, butter, cakes, white breads, sweets and fried foods.
- Exercise regularly for good blood circulation.
- Take vitamin A and Zinc.
Consult Your Doctor
If you are not sure whether it is acne or other eruption and if your acne is infected and discharges pus, Please do consult with your Doctor.
Ointments can give you short term relief only. And most importantly these ointments do not cure the underlying cause of acne.