Buckwheat is one of the most nutritious foods in the world. Here are a few facts you are unaware of about buckwheat.
- It is extremely high in protein and is a wonderful substitute for those who are allergic to gluten (found in wheat).
- It contains a phytonutrient called rutin, which is known to lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Kuttu is good for the heart and is rich in magnesium, which is responsible for maintaining a healthy heart.
- It is a super source of fibre.
- Buckwheat is rich in vitamin B, iron,calcium and phosphorus.
- Kuttu is 75% of complex carbohydrates and 25% of high quality protein which makes it an ideal food for weight loss.
100gm of each, kuttu atta and wheat atta contain around 330 calories. The difference is in terms of the higher amount of protein you get along with a double dose of vitamins. The protein makes you feel full for longer and keeps those hunger pangs at bay. It is best eaten in grain form like porridge or if added to your regular wheat atta. So to answer the question yes, kuttu is great to lose weight, but keep a check on how you are eating it.