Menarche is the onset of menses or periods. It is generally seen that endometriosis develops few years after menarche or the onset of menstruation.
However the signs and symptoms of endometriosis commonly subside with pregnancy and menopause or cessation of menses.
Some commonly seen signs and symptoms of endometriosis are:
· Dysmenorrhoea (Painful Periods)-Painful cramps are seen during the periods. Some women may experience lower backache or lower abdominal pain.
· Dyspareunia (Painful Intercourse)- In endometriosis pain during or after having sexual intercourse.
· Pain during Maturation- Painful urination is alos seen with endometriosis.
· Menorrhagia– Excessive or heavy bleeding is also seen with endometriosis. This is due to the increased surface area of endometrium.
· Menometrorrhagia- Bleeding during periods is also noticed in many cases.
· Infertility-Endometriosis is also noticed in a fertile patient.
· Miscellaneous Symptoms-Various symptoms like fatigue, diarrhea, nausea, etc. are also present.